search my blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

No. 1

Food drives our bodies, soothes our souls and gathers families around a common table in ways that make humanity so uniquely connected. I’ve been cooking for others since I was a teenager. Before I even had my driver’s license I would plan our meals and my mom would drop me off at the grocery store so I could do the shopping for our family for the week. Our relationship with food defines so many of us, whether as foodies, food addicts or just flat out gluttons. I like to think I’ve evolved into a foodie of the most accessible variety. I love browsing the farmer’s market on weekends, throwing together the freshest ingredients to see what will come of it. But I must confess, I lack the worldly pretension that seems to define a true 21st century bona fide foodie. I don’t like sushi (I’ve tried it but my roots in the bovine regions of central Ontario trump the taste of pungent seaweed on my tongue), I will never be the gastronomical adventurer sampling dry roasted grasshoppers on the sidewalks of Khao San Road and in the darkest moments of existential angst I will always turn to a classic grilled cheese and a glass of Australian red wine. In life I try to blend my love of clean, natural food with my aesthetic passion for photography. This blog is the culmination of those two passions as I blend flavours and images in the hopes of inspiring you to reevaluate your relationship with the stuff that fuels you. Thank you for joining me on this journey. Cheers. Christa.

No comments:

Post a Comment